I love asparagus! Not the kind in the can, or even the frozen variety. I prefer fresh asparagus. When I was growing up the only way that my mom ever prepared asparagus was to fry it. Who knew there were so many other ways to fix asparagus? This Balsamic Asparagus recipe is one of my favorites and can be grilled or roasted in the oven.
Roasted Balsamic Asparagus
1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
1. Wash the asparagus and remove the bottom portion. Why? This part of the stalk is “woody” tasting. You can lay the asparagus out and neatly cut the bottom inch or so off but I prefer to just snap it off.
2. Place the asparagus in a plastic bag. You can also do this in a large bowl but I use a Ziploc bag for easy cleanup. Add the olive oil and balsamic vinegar to the bag of asparagus. Toss to coat well. Add the garlic and salt and toss.
3. Arrange the asparagus on a cookie sheet.
4. Place in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Once I remove the asparagus from the oven I sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top before serving.
6. Serve and enjoy!