This morning I woke up in the mood for soup, strange thing to want in the morning right? I also woke up to find a few inches of snow on the ground which made it a perfect day for soup! I rummaged through the pantry and fridge until I managed to come up with an idea. I had a package of chicken that I needed to use so I knew whatever I made had to have chicken in it. So I threw together this soup that I called Chicken Taco Soup.
Chicken Taco Soup
Chicken–I used a package of boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders that I already had in the fridge.
1 Can Whole Kernel Corn
1 Can Black Beans
2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Chicken Broth
1 Onion, diced
1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
1 package taco seasoning
1 teaspoon Cumin
1. Cut up chicken into small pieces. You can cook it ahead of time but I didn’t. Just throw it in the crockpot raw and it will cook as the soup cooks.
2. Open all the cans and dump them into the crockpot. (easy enough)
3. Dice the onion and cilantro and add to the crockpot.
4. Add 1 packet of taco seasoning, salt, and cumin.
5. Stir to mix well.
6. Cover and let cook on low 4-6 hours.
7. Serve with tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream.